City of Munford Sponsorship and Donations Conditions:
“The applicant for sponsorship or donation of funds or in-kind services for special events, community projects or programs must meet all of the following requirements, eligibility criteria, and conditions:
- The applicant must be a registered nonprofit corporation or 501(c)3 organization with tax-exempt status.
- The special event, community project or program aligns with the goals and objectives of the City of Munford.
- Funds are not to be used for operational costs.
- Sponsorship 1st request is to be no more than 50% of program/event budget. Sponsorship 2nd request is to be no more than 35% of program/event budget. Sponsorship 3rd request is to be no more than 20% of program/event budget.
- Event and promotion must take place within the City of Munford limits. Some limited exceptions will be made. Reason(s) for not holding the proposed event or promotion in the City of Munford must be stated on the application. Exemption from this requirement will be provided on a case-by-case basis and will favor activity promoting the City of Munford as a desirable place to live, visit and do business in.
- The recipient of sponsorship funds or in-kind services shall provide the City and/or Departments (as applicable) recognition as a sponsor in exchange for the funds or in-kind services in a method consistent with other sponsors. In no event shall the recognition for the department's funds or in-kind services be less than that provided to other sponsors who have contributed the same total financial or in-kind support.
- The nonprofit corporation must be ready, willing and able to enter a contractual agreement for sponsorship with the City and provide a certificate of liability insurance or proof of self-insurance, if applicable.
- The purpose of the special event, community project, or program is not organized around political or religious themes, but serves as a benefit to the City of Munford community as a whole.
- The nonprofit corporation will not discriminate on the grounds of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability or medical condition. Further, the organization must agree to conform to the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- All the information submitted under this request will be followed.
For additional information or clarification, please contact Barbara Dorn, Community Development Director, at 901/837-5972 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.